2020 Summer Career Exploration Program (Sophomore)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: POSITIONS ARE LOCATED IN AUSTIN, TX, NEWPORT BEACH, CA, & NEW YORK, NY.
Please see the application process below as it requires multiple steps. Career Exploration Program
PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. This program will allow you to explore and learn about the different career paths within the investment management industry and understand the different ways to manage risk and deliver returns.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
Get exposure to various business areas within investment management, including: Alternative Funds Finance
Responsible for the overall financial accounting and control, investment and fund-level term financing, tax structuring, valuation and compliance, operations and partner/other agreement oversight. Business Development Support
Plays an integral part in the initial sales/marketing process to prospective clients, as well as in the servicing of PIMCO's existing clients and investment consultants. Client Data Science
Manages the information value chain for PIMCO's sales and marketing functions with the aim of empowering them to exceed their objectives through powerful insights from data that drive efficiency and effectiveness. Account Associate Group
Gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients. Fund Business Group
Responsible for the oversight and administration of PIMCO's global fund complexes. The group provides a broad array of business and administrative services to the funds and shareholders. GWM Internal Sales
Execute on sales campaigns, sales research, data analysis and reporting, and marketing responsibilities Marketing
Partners with client management, product strategy, executive office and other areas of the business to develop client servicing, marketing, educational content and campaigns for institutional and retail audiences. Product Strategy Group
A global team of over 130 professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, entrepreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines Portfolio Management Trade Support
Serve in a dynamic role working alongside Senior Portfolio Associate(s) in providing key support across portfolio management and trading desks.
Summer Internship Program Details and Highlights:
- Starts in early June, 10 weeks in length
- Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training in Newport Beach, CA
- Formal mentor program
- Global speaker series
- Professional skills workshops
- Global Month of Volunteering
- Career exploration project
- Assigned to a single team with opportunities to shadow and network with other groups within PIMCO
Corporate Social Responsibility Project:
In partnership with Purpose at PIMCO, you and your fellow PIMCO Career Exploration interns will participate in a summer-long corporate social responsibility project to positively impact and give back to your surrounding community.
At PIMCO, we understand both the opportunity and obligation to effect meaningful social change. Our focus on hunger and gender equality reflects our belief that these are fundamental issues critical to human development and sustainable worldwide economic growth.
Position Requirements: Requirements:
- We give . We donate to high performing non-profit partners to support critical on-the-ground services and innovative opportunities around the globe.
- We act . We invest our time, skills and expertise to drive meaningful impact in the communities where we work and live.
- We advocate. We aim to take leadership within our industry as thought leaders and strategic partners to create solutions and advocate for change.
- Undergraduate students with an expected graduation date of Dec 2021 - Jun 2022
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Ambitious, intellectually curious and interested in gaining insight into the various career paths within financial services.
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and 300 word (max) response (see below) at careers.pimco.com by November 3, 2019, 11:59pm PST. However, we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible, as resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Please submit a 300 word (max) response to the following question: "How can the finance industry benefit society?"
- Please upload all 4 documents separately. Make sure each file has a descriptive name (ie: Last name, First name_Resume)
- Please indicate any preference for geographic location in your cover letter.