Account Manager, Institutional
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's client management team is comprised of client-facing relationship management and sales professionals who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success. We represent PIMCO to our clients and prospective clients and seek to deliver investment solutions that leverage PIMCO's position as one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers.
We believe there is nothing more important than the partnership with our clients. Markets don't stand still and neither do we, innovating to build solutions to meet investors' evolving needs. We are invested in helping our clients achieve what they set out to accomplish.
The US Institutional team
is seeking to hire an Account Manager who will be responsible for fostering, growing and strengthening relationships with large institutional investors such as pension funds, endowments, foundations, and single family offices.
Institutional Account Managers are investment professionals who have a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies and building relationships across client organizations
- Developing a deep understanding of client needs , organizational structure and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
- Collaborating with other PIMCO investment professionals, including Product Strategists and Portfolios Mangers
- Providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions
- Outlining the firm's current economic outlook and portfolio strategy
- Relevant experience in financial markets or macro related field, 1-2 years post MBA preferred
- MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, or willingness to pursue immediately upon joining
- Series 7, 63, 3, and other applicable licenses, or ability to obtain immediately upon joining
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable.
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies/views clearly verbally, in writing, and during presentations
- Personable and credible, ability to influence and develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Passion for financial markets, macroeconomics and investment strategy
- Strong analytical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative. Able to listen to client needs and forge solutions.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office