Account Manager (Return to Work Program)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at IHS Markit is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At IHS Markit, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Financial Services Account Management represents our most important clients and provided a coverage model in conjunction with sales specialists to drive new client revenue along with assisting in the client retention through the renewal process. The Account Management teams are aligned by key client segments in the Tri-State NY area and geographically for the rest of the Americas.
The candidate will be the main driver of revenue acquisition for their specialist product line and will ensure that the business goals are achieved. This person will be integral to the team structure - working closely with the Heads of Sales, Regional Managers and Sales support. They will also be responsible for client-facing activity including all aspects of business development for many of IHS Markit's fund administration and custody clients in the region, obtaining new clients, up selling existing relationships, contract renewals, roll-out of new products and overall business development. Responsibilities:
- Generation of lead pipeline for new business and existing clients
- Assistance in the budgeting process
- Creating client strategy coordinating with other account managers globally Cross selling other product lines
- Identify the client needs and feedback to relevant product groups
- Reporting of actual vs. budgeted sales on a regular basis
- Assistance in the implementation of all marketing related activities which would include: conference/sponsorship participation, sales collateral production, client entertainment, and association memberships
- Relationship maintenance and development with key relationships
- Working with product/sales groups in the execution of contracts
- Assistance in renewal of existing contracts as needed
- Strategic work and thinking with client base to identify new initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Coaching and helping to build the sales skills/ product knowledge of junior members of the team
- Broad experience in financial markets, sales, account management.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience with another market data vendor or investment bank.
- Proven track record and ability to sell Fixed Income products, Valuation products, Index products, Work Flow solutions especially in the regulatory and compliance area and software solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of capital markets and especially OTC derivatives and/or structured credit is a plus.
- Previously knowledge with tier one clients in the assigned client segment is a positive.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.