Asset Management - Alternatives- Transportation- Investment Specialist- Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Asset Management:
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
A Global Alternative's ("GA") Investment Specialist provides both marketing support and acts as the face of the investment platform to the broader internal Asset Management network and externally. They play a lead role in capital raising, new client origination and development, client communication, and the retention of existing GA clients, which includes real estate, transportation, and infrastructure investment platforms. Investment Specialists form a critical pillar of the investment platform and work together with the investment team on a day-to-day basis allowing for consistent integration across the broader team.
This position is for a Investment Specialist, which will be dedicated to the transportation investment platform. The role will report to the senior Investment Specialist in New York, and will also work closely with the CIO & the London based investment and asset management team, as well as the New York Investor Relations team in the design, marketing, and management of all transportation related offerings on a global basis.
Excellent communication (written and verbal), product marketing, analytical, financial, time management and organizational skills and attention to detail are critical. Prior experience working in or knowledge of private funds management, financial analysis and research, and/or transportation, such as shipping and aviation, industries is required. Responsibilities include:
- Focus on, and support of, the development and enhancement of new and existing client and consultant relationships for the transportation business platform globally
- Support the strategic targeting of capital sources globally across internal institutional marketing channels
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients' investment objectives and drive a proactive, client-focused approach to product development
- Develop financial and research oriented marketing collateral representing the goals and performance of the platform's investment strategies
- Serve as a liaison with other functional teams on product development initiatives, including the prioritization of institutional client segments and the development of appropriate transportation products
- Support internal marketing efforts to JPMAM Client Advisors and Consultant Advisors throughout the firm
- Provide thought leadership across the organization through a deep understanding of transportation trends, including market fundamentals, capital flows, transactions, operators, capital providers and competitors
- Represent GA and the transportation platform at various internal JPMAM and other client-facing events
- Travel will be required - domestically and internationally - in support of business development activities
- Coordinate between finance, legal and investment teams in response to investor inquiries
- Approximately 7 to 12 years of experience in the same or related field
- Team-oriented, collaborative approach to client development and management
- Experience in client servicing, institutional marketing, and raising capital for a variety of institutional products and strategies
- Ability to create compelling, institutionally-oriented, investor presentations
- Strong familiarity with accounting metrics, financial analysis, comparative market analysis, modeling, and valuation
- Creativity, pro-activity, and self-motivation in business development
- Excellent presentation skills, coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively across cultures, functions and geographies
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong work ethic and comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in or knowledge of transportation funds management or a related field
- Willingness and desire to travel