Asset Management - Alternatives - Financial Manager - Associate/VP
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. AMIntroduction:
AssetManagement is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions,financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritageof more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies,and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offerinvestment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
JPMIM's RealEstate America's (REA) identifies, analyzes, acquires and manages commercialand residential real estate investment through a variety of ownershipstructures including public and private vehicles. As investment manager on behalf of itsclients, JPMIM develops, redevelops and operates these properties. JPMIM also assesses capital markets andcontrols investment risk in determining the optimal financing, diversificationand disposition strategies for the managed real estate.
TheFinancial Department of REA seeks a Fund Accounting Manager with approximately 4 to 6 years of real estateaccounting experience to assist with the financial management of one its openend real estate funds including client and internal reporting requirements.
The Fund Accounting Manager willwork closely with an experienced group of professionals while overseeing/engaging in all aspects of real estate financial analysis, accounting,taxation, treasury functions, internal controls, external auditors and thirdparty service providers. PrimaryResponsibilities:
- Responsiblefor the month-end and quarterly pricing, financial reporting and accounting ofreal estate Funds (with some oversight of individual direct real estateassets). Produce quarterly/annualreports for Fund.
- Heavyinteraction with third-party fund administrator, independent external auditors,tax practitioners, legal counsel and other professional service providers. Oversight of third parties monitoring theircompliances with responsibilities, budgets and deadlines.
- Responsiblefor review and coordination of quarterly debt mark-to-market process.
- Oversightand management of quarterly client statement process including review of finalproduct.
- Oversight,approval and management of payments made at the fund level, in addition totreasury maintenance. Also includes facilitation of quarterly tax paymentprocess.
- Overseecoordination of property and clientfinancial data used by tax practitioners for quarterly and year-end tax filing.
- Prepareand review cash flow, profitability and return on investment analyses used forportfolio management decision-making.
- Fieldquestions and run analyses for the Fund's Portfolio Manager and Controller.
- Coordinatewith the client service and marketing team regarding responses to clientquestions and requests.
- Developand maintain relationships for all internal and external clients andconsultants.
- Coach,mentor and develop internal resources.
- Understandingof investment structures, promote structures, mortgage documents, developmentagreements, partnership agreements, and purchase andsale agreements.
- Reviewand analyze property financial information. Ensure that all investments areaccounted for in accordance with GRA policies and procedures as well as GAAP.
- Reviewmanagement agreements, loan documents, and partnership agreements to ensure Fund'scompliance.
- Reviewcovenant analyses for third party debt/lines of credit.
- Collaborateinternally and with other groups to ensure the Fund maintains its guidelines.
C.P.A. required. Computer literacy and workingknowledge of Excel and Word. Experiencein financial related capacities is required. Strong accounting, analytical andproblem solving skills. Must be detailoriented with strong organizational skills. Solid communication skills. Ability to work in many roles within the teamframework (leader, support, coworker, backup for peers). Bachelor's degree withmajor in accounting.