Asset Management, Beta Middle Office, Specialized Fund Support Team, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our Team
Beta Middle Office Team provide bespoke operational solutions to support Prime and Synthetic Prime Brokerage Accounts and Beta Strategies including ETF. Additionally the team contributes to many firm wide projects such as the centralization of Collateral Management and the Dual Prime Broker initiatives. The team is split over London and New York currently formed of three Vice Presidents, Three Associates, and two professionals but is expanding to include additional 4 staff. This role is principally dedicated dedicated to ETF and Beta support as a Business Analyst.
The nature of the role requires detailed technical knowledge of all asset classes, the ability to devise and effectively communicate solutions and to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, senior Business Heads, Operations Managers (Globally) and Technology. A nascent business stream for JPMAM, ETFs and Beta Funds are primed to become major factors in the Asset Management industry and the successful candidate will be expected to provide Business Analyst skills to build Operating Models in support of these new products and lead for Operations on a wide range of Beta and ETF launches.
There are likely to be many stringent operational requirements to ensure Tracking Error is minimized and the Beta team will need to be knowledgeable of the end to end process. The successful candidate will be experienced in Beta/ETF Products and will provide knowledge and ideas to enable the team to become an Operations center of excellence. Responsibilities
- Business Analyst for the ETF and Beta funds reporting to the Manager of the Beta Middle Office Team
- Recommend and implement process improvements to pre-empt or mitigate errors.
- Issue and error resolution, liaison with internal risk department, senior management and internal/external parties as required.
- Lead and deliver project work when required
Required Experience :
- Excellent communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues
- Proven Business Analyst skills
- Dynamic leadership, must be able to lead discussion and influence people
- Organizational skills
- Track and Troubleshoot complex issues
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Data governance
- Analytics and Risk measures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- E xperience with external financial systems and vendors
- Medium/Strong level understanding of Fund Accounting
- Project Management experience
- Business Analyst background
- Detailed understanding of all fund types
- 5-6 years of work experience
- Minimum 3 years Operations experience in ETF / Beta Strategies
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite; EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent