Asset Management, Private Equity Middle Office, Fund Accountant, Associate
About Asset and Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our Team
The Private Equity Operations (PE Ops) group is responsible for oversight of the accounting and financial statement reporting functions for the JP Morgan Asset Management Private Equity Funds. The role will be tasked with ensuring the group's accounting and reporting functions are operating efficiently by working closely with members of the PE Ops team and the business to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met. Responsibilities
- Review of quarterly and annual financial statements (and footnotes).
- Vendor management (fund administrator, custodian, auditor, etc.)
- Budget/accrual analysis and invoice payments.
- Review of trial balances, management fees calculations, and carried interest calculations.
- Review of monthly capital activity in the internal accounting system.
- Assisting in the management of the annual audit process.
- Assisting the business unit (and the fund administrator and custodian) in new Fund launches and other account infrastructure initiatives.
- Participate in technology initiatives
- Ad hoc requests and projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance.
- At least 5 - 8 years of previous Private Equity accounting experience from a fund, fund administrator, or other relevant financial services experience.
- Strong experience in Private Equity accounting practices, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations, etc.
- Self motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently as well as be able to effectively work on a team.
- CPA / CFA, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- A strong understanding of Private Equity financial statements and related disclosures.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to think about processes and impacts in a non-linear fashion.
- Detail oriented including strong documentation skills.
- Desire to "roll up your sleeves" and work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word and Accounting systems.