Associate Director –Project Manager
Job Description We seek an exceptional Software Project Manager to join the implementation services team within Moody's Analytics Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) organization.
Our implementation services team implements financial risk management solutions for Moody's Analytics clients that take advantage of our software products, research and expertise. As such, this team is responsible for designing solutions that satisfy the client's financial risk management objectives and then configuring, customizing and integrating one or more of our software products according to the agreed design and schedule. This often involves coordination with our product development teams, client teams, partner teams and other third-parties.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the development and successful execution of project plans that deliver client solutions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Working as a member of the Pre-sales Team, offering liaison services and consultation to the client to specify and determine requirements. Consulting peers, as well as Moody's Analytics staff in other locations to estimate and cost projects, assisting Sales in contract negotiation.
- Taking ownership of the development process. Identify project risks, plan, organize and manage the deliverables across the development lifecycle, with "hands on" responsibilities as necessary. Coordinate activities with external groups and tracking progress of development against plan and budget. Alerting senior management of issues that might impact successful on-time / on-budget delivery.
- Actively oversee and manage all Functional Requirements, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Test Plans and User Acceptance Testing for assigned projects.
- Coordination of post implementation support as necessary. Creation of proposals for new development efforts based upon initial deliverables.
- Managing the relationship with the client for the duration of the engagement. This includes managing the client's expectations and managing the communication with the client. This also includes identifying and managing client-side risks.
- Obtaining client acceptance upon the successful, on-time completion of the project.
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of software-based projects, preferably within a Financial Services environment. Experience planning complex multidisciplinary projects in a global and multicultural organization. Experience with banks preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years working with software development and implementation teams
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Lead Consultant or Project Manager, with primary responsibility for communication with the client
- The ability to successfully leverage and build upon relationships established by our Sales and Management teams
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, delegating appropriately and managing priorities in a fluid, changing environment.
- Understanding of software engineering principles as well as modern internet and database technologies
- Understanding of both waterfall and agile methodologies and demonstrated experience with adapting these methodologies to achieve optimal results
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to both peers and more junior members of the team
- Ability to provide training both internally and to clients on products and development processes
- Position requires the ability to travel approximately 20% although business demands may require more
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.