BAAM - BSCH GPO Operations, Analyst
Job Description: BAAM - BSCH GPO Operations Analyst Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
BAAM Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®), Blackstone's Hedge Fund Solutions platform, is the world's largest discretionary investor in hedge funds, with approximately $80 billion in assets under management. BAAM manages a diversified set of businesses including a customized solutions business, a special situations platform, a hedge fund seeding business, an open-ended mutual fund platform and a business that purchases stakes in established alternative asset managers. In all of BAAM's business lines, it carefully selects and partners with fund managers across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients' goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone's global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles while preserving capital during stressed market environments. Job Title:
BSCH GPO Operations Analyst Job Description:
The Operations Analyst is charged with supporting the deployment of the Blackstone Purchasing Platform to BSCH PE Affiliates and their respective portfolios. This is modeled similar to the Private Equity and GSO process and resource support. Broad responsibilities include managing internal/external bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting at the PE/portfolio company level, tracking PE Affiliate/portfolio company activity in Salesforce, driving utilization of the group purchasing program thru significant portfolio company interaction via weekly project management calls and email communications, interacting with preferred vendor partners to help resolve any challenges and other activities including business presentations and spend/savings reporting. The Operations Analyst will interface daily with BSCH PE Affiliate portfolios (150+ portfolio companies), the BSCH Investment Team, the Portfolio Operations Group and preferred vendor partners. The Operations Analyst will be exposed to many different value creating initiatives across many diverse industries and regions. This requires strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, detailed project management, and general business knowledge including analyzing financial data and operating metrics. Travel will be required on an as-needed basis.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide continuous support to specific portfolio companies including bi-weekly project management calls with portfolio companies, PE affiliates and preferred vendors.
- Identify opportunities for engagement, manage vendor introductions and ensure project execution within portfolio companies to leverage the Purchasing Platform.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of the key initiatives across the BSCH portfolio including bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reporting, group purchasing program execution metrics, cross-selling results and other functional initiatives.
- Extensively use Salesforce to help manage portfolio company data, track status of every procurement project, develop enhancements to the tool and maintain contacts across all PE affiliates and portfolio companies.
- Help drive the group purchasing initiative including working with the portfolio companies' senior procurement/IT/HR/Marketing/Operations/Finance and other functions during the execution stage resolving issues, expanding utilization interfacing with our group purchasing 75+ vendor partners to insure their performance.
- Ability to extensively use the Ariba software spend visibility tool which encompasses over $25 billion in spend across portfolio companies to help analyze and identify additional procurement opportunities.
- Develop deep understanding of the eSourcing solution to help drive portfolio company engagement to leverage the Blackstone Sourcing Center.
- Support expansion of new purchasing categories globally working with the Portfolio Operations Team. Current scope includes 75+ categories across 150+ portfolio companies.
- Respond to on-going daily data requests from PE Affiliates, companies and BSCH Investment team.
- Support developing an annual CPO Leadership Conference and other functional events across PE affiliates to continue to foster program expansion and best practice sharing.
- Help identify and support process improvement opportunities across the tools, processes and communications.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills (e.g. an undergraduate degree with a focus in engineering, operations, economics, accounting/finance, or business management), he/she will have 2 - 3 years' work experience at a highly competitive company within the industry, at a consulting company or an accounting firm preferably in an operating environment, ideally supporting operational improvement initiatives and working with clients.
The successful candidate should have:
- The ability and interest in being "hands on" doer to support the team
- Superb interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication on strategic, financial and operational areas
- Strong analytical skills and tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, Resource Advisor, and other data management applications
- Well organized and disciplined approach to work effort and project management
- Active listening skills with the intellectual agility to integrate new information and develop recommendations
- Establish fact-based recommendations and decision making
- Ability to work independently if needed and navigate a dynamic environment including partnership with various people to accomplish key initiatives.
- Confidence to interface with senior executives across many functional business areas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.