CIB-Wholesale Payments-Open Banking & API Product Analyst, Associate
Why Join our Team?
The banking ecosystem is undergoing constant change that requires a perpetual focus on innovation. Emerging technologies are rapidly changing the way we do business, leading to new business models with the potential to radically transform the financial services sector. Part of this journey involves a shift towards digital banking, where we leverage the power of APIs to move towards an open banking model. Our newly formed team will drive the API agenda within the company and you will be on the forefront of this journey. Most of all, you will have the opportunity to approach our work with an agile mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. This is a very exciting time to join a team that is shaping the company's open banking strategy.
In addition, we expect that you will bring the following traits to our innovative team:
• Holistically understand core business problems and requirements from clients and business in order to deliver efficient and useful solutions
• Work with the team to outline and execute the API roadmap
• Drive product development efforts by actively partnering with CIB Technology to generate innovating solutions to client needs
• Adopt an agile mindset to oversee the team's product development efforts, ensuring the final product is functional, operational, and meets design and feature specifications
Skills we are seeking
• Help execute and deliver Banking & Treasury Services API product strategy working with Product Managers and Technology teams
• Be a leader, backlog owner, and end-user expert for a cross-functional Agile team of partner product managers, developers and internal subject matter experts.
• Interact with business and technologists to understand and define the key problems, translate business requirements into functional requirements, well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria, workflows, and define solutions
• Work closely with development team in an Agile SCRUM environment to refine, prioritize and support the development, testing and release of functionality
• Create detailed use cases, supporting functional requirements, workflows, user stories and acceptance criteria
• Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external clients
• Create presentations and demos to help train internal teams and educate clients on roadmap and new functionality
More about the team
We are a nimble and completely new innovation team within the Treasury Services business at J.P. Morgan. We are entrepreneurs. We are product developers and strategists with a penchant for action and experimentation and a passion for solving client challenges and adopting new technologies.
What we build will matter and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day (25% of all U.S. Dollar movement globally). Moreover, our group works closely with other innovation groups across Treasury Services and other lines of business to accelerate the development of new products and capabilities.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Professional experiences that will set you apart
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
• 2 years of experience as a Product Manager Analyst, or similar technology-related role
• Motivated individual with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and lead efforts associated with key deliverables while collaborating with several teams
• Experience with digital solutions, including web-based and mobile platforms
• Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead meetings and steer discussions accordingly
• Understanding of API solutions, open banking, and technology trends that impact our business
• Superior project management skills with a strong attention to detail
• Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies is a plus
• Experience within the financial services industry is a plus
• Knowledge of Treasury Services products (Payments, Receivables, Liquidity, FX, Channels, Analytics), helpful but not required
• Knowledge of emerging technologies as well as exposure to design thinking also a plus