CIB data design - Head of Data Visualization & Insights - Executive Director
JPMorganoffers a broad range of financial services. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expandits reach, we are builders at heart. Ourglobal teams are constantly iterating, solving problems and working together toempower people, small businesses, corporations and governments in more than 100countries. This role is in the wholesalepayments business which includes treasury services, merchant acquiring,commercial card and trade finance, together driving $11bn in yearly revenue andprocessing $6 trillion in payments daily.
The data anddesign (d d) team in JP Morgan is a rapidly growing team responsible for transformingthe way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision makingwith science. We are data scientists andengineers, design strategists and product managers. We model our payment network which represents20% of global US$ flow, to derive insights and create new revenue generatingdata products. We work with our clientsas well as our product, sales, service and operations teams.
We needinfluencers who can support our clients and internal teams with insightssurfaced from our data. If you likebreaking down needs in creative ways, uncovering analytical insights andvisualizing them in powerful ways then the data design team would like to speakwith you. We are looking for an DataVisualization Lead who can leverage data to help users change the way they makedecisions What you'll do:
- Articulatea strategy for driving value from visualization & insights for our clientsand internal stakeholders.
- Design,develop and deliver products through interactive applications that combinethe power of human expertise and data science
- Developstrong partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders across a diverse organization. Establish the mindsets & skills to increasethe capacity across the organization when it comes to utilizing and analyzingdata
- Developbest practice approaches for conducting research, including developinghypotheses, user research, identifying and collecting data, analyzing the data,and distilling findings into insights that are relevant to stakeholders. Work closely with our UX team
- Grow,manage, and support your own team while partnering with our data scientists,engineering teams and client platform teams
Who you are:
- Degreein Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitativefields, Masters/PhD preferred
- 5 years of hands-on experience in a visualization / insights role. Knowledge of machine learning, text mining,NLP, decision trees, etc.
- 3 years of experience managing a visualization / insights team
- Experienceusing analytics tools and visualization libraries (e.g. Tableau, D3.js)
- Experiencein a variety of data focused initiatives such as designing and executingexperiments, building statistically grounded forecasting models, structuringassessments around data quality and development of reporting aids for bothinternal and external audiences
- Knowledgeof program, product and project management with industry experience. Specifically, experience creating anddelivering roadmaps related to various products in the pipeline
- Hybrid at your core - Youcombine deep data insight with storytelling and visualization skills marryingthat with a user experience background. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learnand synthesize in a high-performing culture.
- Quantitative by nature - Demonstrated ability to supervise complexsubstantive analysis on large data sets to transform them into simple visualsand dashboards for analytical and non-analytical audiences .
- Influence and communication mastery - Ability to influence high levelstakeholders. Highly articulate, builtupon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. Outstanding presentation skills, includingpresenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Cognitive Skill - Ability to root out fundamental issues,bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant conceptual frameworks, and drive toclear decisions. Superb at problem structuring, integrating thinking, problemsolving towards practical business insight
- Leadership - Primary focus of building something ofsignificance. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes.Self-confidence, poise, and personal presence that inspires confidence inothers. Charisma, gravitas, intellect, flexibility, and integrity thatmotivates others to trust, collaborate, and follow. Drive to push teams to achieve superiorperformance while creating a supportive developmental environment