CyberSecurity Engineer, National Incident Response Team - Federal Reserve (NYC, East Rutherford, Dallas, Richmond)
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
The National Incident Response Team (NIRT), a national service provider for the Federal Reserve System, delivers effective and efficient national intrusion detection, incident response, security intelligence, threat assessment, and vulnerability assessment services for the Federal Reserve System. The mission of the National Incident Response Team is to play a leading role in the Federal Reserve System's efforts to protect its information systems against unauthorized use.
The mission of NIRT's Data Correlation Services team, is to gather security centric data and information and facilitate its use through the design, engineering, implementation and support of tools and technology, in order to support NIRT's services and objectives as well as represent NIRT's interests in projects and initiatives within the FRS and Treasury.
The Data Correlation Services team focuses on ensuring that the capabilities of NIRT's critical infrastructure remains relevant, and that it is continuously enhanced and evolved to meet new threats, and evolving technological landscape. Your role as a Cyber Security Engineer:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- As a member of the Data Correlation Services Team, you will:
- Develop new technical IT security centric capabilities to support Enterprise Security Monitoring and Incident Response
- Utilize and enhance custom-built and COTS solutions
- Create and maintain vendor relationships
- Design and plan implementation of on-premises or cloud based systems, and architecture
- Work with data transformation and data pipeline tools
- Support for the implementation, management and administration of security focused systems, infrastructure and processes related to these systems
- Support day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for NIRT's critical Infrastructure
- Work in a project capacity with other groups within the Federal Reserve community
- Liaise with other groups to further the organization's objectives and goals
- Solve complex technical and process problems
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Relevant certification(s) in security or platformsAdditional Skills:
- Basic knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, operating system administration, and architecting system environments
- Experience working with Windows Server and Linux platforms
- Familiarity with popular web development frameworks like React
- Have a good understanding of DevOps culture and principles
- Practical experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS and Azure
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats and current landscapes
- Understanding of best practices and principles of web application security (OWASP)
- Familiarity with DAMA's DMBOK
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Strong teamwork and communication skills,
- A passion for security and development
- Able to work in a federated environment and with co-workers in different locations across the country
- Desire to continuously learn new things
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Be able to independently solve challenging technical problems and present solutions to management
- Lead project work from a technical perspective
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.