Senior developer responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of real time data distribution services using Java, SOAP, RESTful, and Message based technologies including Kinesis and Kafka. This person will be responsible for implementing these services in both Java and .Net environments. The services provide ratings content for use in critical S&P Global Ratings products. The individual will work in an environment with a diverse mix of technologies spanning both Linux and .Net environments. They must have the desire and ability to quickly understand and work within new technologies. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic software developer to grow and build their skillset while delivering high profile business solutions.
Experiences & Skills:
5 plus years of Java object-oriented software development experience, with four years minimum, developing J2EE server side components in a near real-time large-scale enterprise environment
- Hands on SOA development experience with strong skills in Java, J2EE, Spring, JMS, JPA, Hibernate, ODSI, Web Services (SOAP & RESTful)
- Hands on WebLogic Enterprise Server and Cluster configuration management experience, Tomcat application server
- Good understanding and usage of JSON Java Libraries, XML Java libraries, Linux scripting and developing Unix shell scripts
- Experience working with Oracle Databases, PL/SQL Technologies (i.e. Procedures, Functions, etc.) & Tools (i.e. Toad)
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server, ASP.Net applications
- Good understanding of Message Broker technologies such as Kinesis and Kafka
- Experience developing or supporting applications on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Working knowledge with AWS is great plus.
- Maven and Ant builds and Continuous integration tools like Parasoft, Jenkins
- Usage of Eclipse IDE and CVS/WinCVS, Github for source code management and development
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with cross functional teams, with strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering