Director - US & Canada Market Management
JobDescription : The Role:
Director, US & Canada Market Management The Location:
New York, USA The Team:
The Director of the US & Canada Market Management team maintains the equity universe used for the management of high profile indices such as S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P/TSX 60 index. The main function of the team is to research companies in the US and Canada stock markets, including company related corporate actions, prices, shares and float amounts. The Impact:
As the leader of the US & Canada Market Management team you will be deeply involved in the management of some of S&P's most important indices such as S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average. What's in it for you:
- The Director will be managing a group of six highly motivated and competent analysts that are based in New York.
- You will be responsible for the performance and development of the team, processes and the individuals.
- You will manage and participate in global projects.
- The role will challenge your critical thinking to understand and implement complex corporate events in a replicable manner for index trackers.
- The Director will be a key leader for the organization with responsibility to drive consultations designed to enhance the S&P Dow Jones Indices Equity Policies & Practices methodology.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Oversee the daily market management operations covering US and Canada equity markets including but not limited to:
- Disaster recovery planning and testing
- Project delegation and prioritization
- Incident review and remediation
- Ensure compliance with S&P's policies and procedures
- Review and create processes and procedures to improve operational performance
- Coordination and communication across global office locations in the Americas, EMEA & AsiaPac.
- Subject matter expert with regards to corporate actions, equity pricing and other index related company events. Staying informed of market structures changes impacting our index products.
- Conducting stock level analysis to support addition and deletion recommendations to the S&P 1500 Indices via the US Index Committee.
- Proposing and leading initiatives to enhance S&P Dow Jones Index Methodologies.
- Responsible for the individual's development as well as the team performance including: Head count, Hiring of new analysts, Performance reviews and accountability, Assessing bandwidth and capabilities, Succession planning, Mentor team members and identify strength and weaknesses to maximize their contribution to the team, Training new and existing team members, Leveraging KPIs to assess the performance of the team across core areas
- Bachelor's Degree
- Understanding of global financial markets and corporate action research
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related office applications
- Strong managerial skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams to success
- Ability to work in and create a team environment.
- Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred
- Ability to assume responsibility, work with others and manage projects
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups.
- Experience dealing with customers in a time-sensitive demanding environment where interpretation of data has both objective and subjective components requiring persuasion and influencing skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience