Director Business Development- Fixed Income (Return to Work Program)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at IHS Markit is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At IHS Markit, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The Pricing, Valuations and Reference Data business is responsible for providing clients with asset valuations & reference data solutions across their portfolio including OTC Derivatives and Fixed Income securities such as CDS/Credit Index products, bonds including corporate, sovereign and municipals, securitized products and leveraged loans.
The Business Development team works in conjunction with the sales & account management groups to manage relationships with current clients, drive new client revenue and achieve client retention through the renewal process. The candidate will be responsible for client-facing activity including all aspects of business development for many of IHS Markit's clients including those from the fund administration, buyside and sellside client segments. The candidate will support Product and Sales with existing and new customer engagement, MIS & reporting, new business opportunities, contract renewals, roll-out of new products and market positioning of the product. The candidate be part of a team that has responsibility for meeting revenue and new business targets. Responsibilities:
- Regular analysis of business performance and customer usage for internal and external reporting and to help drive product roadmap and revenues
- Build and maintain client relationships, so that clients are aware of Markit's new and existing valuation, pricing & reference data capabilities and increase their use of these services
- Liaise with Sales to close new business & manage renewals by actively managing sales & renewal pipeline and providing product specialist support
- Identify the client needs and provide feedback to relevant product groups
- Relationship maintenance and development with key relationships
- Work closely with Sales to identify campaigns and lead generation
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure documentation and marketing collateral is up to date and assist with client events
- Coordinate with Product on new customer requirements and ensure close communication with customers on new product development
- Bachelors degree, focus on Business Management/Finance preferred
- Good understanding of the Capital Markets including financial instruments
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with contracts, commercials and fee proposals
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.