Front End Developer, Data Science Platform
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Data Science defines, implements and support systems that provide the foundation of the data science platform. We are looking for a senior user interface development specialist to join our Data Science team located in New York. RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position you will be responsible for the development and support of user interfaces in the data science platform. You'll also be expected to mentor and train other development staff on the solutions we create. You will also be expected to maintain expertise on emerging standards related to HTML5 development and knowledge of at least one major framework (React, Angular, etc.). Position Requirements:
- At least five years of experience writing complex software with at least two years focused on the development of single page application (SPA) solutions
- Expertise with Excel plugin development.
- Expertise with Angular and C# are required
- Expertise in at least one major HTML5 framework (React, Angular, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement intuitive, visually compelling solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (Master's preferred)
- Ability to design application interfaces including information architecture and interaction design
- Expertise in security, performance, device compatibility, browser variations and restrictions
- Ability to architect efficient and reusable software abstractions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Knowledge of open source libraries across a broad set of domains
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office