Full Stack Developer - LAM Technology
Lazard Asset Management now operates from 18 cities across 13 countries. Our investment personnel manage US $222.4 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies - both traditional and alternative - in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
We are looking for an innovative software engineer to join our IT department. This individual will be working on the information systems that support the Portfolio Management and Risk organization. This role will work closely with business owners (PMs, Risk Managers, Research Analysts), product management, and the development team. Key Responsibilities
• Design and implement dynamic portfolio management and risk management tools across a variety of investment teams and asset classes.
• Work closely with members of data team to integrate multiple data sources into the applications.
• Support existing software with quick troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Be part of an empowered team following agile methodologies.
• Strong proficiency with Python, with emphasis on data analysis and manipulation (pandas, numpy, scikit, etc.). Experience with Spark in Python is highly desirable.
• Expert knowledge of object oriented architecture and design patterns (.NET preferred, or any other OO language)
• Experience and proficiency with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase).
• Familiarity with API creation and RESTful services is a plus
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other hard sciences is preferred, Bachelor's degree with appropriate skills and experience is acceptable.
• Experience working on portfolio and risk management tools and knowledge of basics of finance
• UI/UX experience is a plus
• 5+ years applications development experience with full-stack development and agile frameworks.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and service-oriented design.
• Work effectively both independently and as a contributing team member.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solving with the ability to present multiple solutions and potential side effects.
• Fast paced programming mentality with quick turnaround and sense of urgency.