GSO - Liquid Credit Strategies, CLO Investment Analyst / Associate
Job Description: GSO - Liquid Credit Strategies, CLO Investment Analyst / Associate Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
GSO Capital Partners LP is the global credit investment platform of Blackstone. With approximately $132 billion of assets under management, GSO is one of the largest alternative managers in the world focused on the leveraged-finance, or non-investment grade related, marketplace. GSO seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns in its business by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.
Liquid Credit Strategies is the business unit within GSO Capital Partners responsible for managing liquid credit strategies including investments in U.S. and European senior secured bank loans and high-yield bonds of non-investment grade companies, as well as debt and equity tranches of CLO. The group manages and sub-advises over 75 funds accounts in the U.S. and Europe, including Collateralized Loan Obligations, Separately Managed Accounts, Commingled Funds, Closed End Loan Funds and Business Development Companies. Job Title:
Liquid Credit Strategies, CLO Investment Analyst / Associate Job Description:
The CLO Analyst or Associate will be part of the Investment team and responsible for the monitoring of CLO investments, manager due diligence and supporting portfolio management functions. The Analyst or Associate:
- Must possess a strong understanding of CLO mechanics and documentation
- Possess a solid understanding of CLO risk management and have experience analyzing CLO structures, deal documents, trustee reports
- Ability to discuss portfolio risks and assess portfolio strategy
- Conduct surveillance of investment positions and track evolving risk factors
- Develop and maintain analytical solutions to scrutinize large data sets
- Maintain knowledge of market terms and pricing to support efficient comparisons and negotiation of deal terms.
- Research and recommend credit sells and other loss mitigation actions.
- Participate in issuer, servicer, and manager meetings/calls to maintain knowledge of market developments and industry practices
- Conduct high frequency monitoring of manager news and industry developments in the CLO and bank loan markets
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- 3-5 years of research, analysis, or structuring in CLOs
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and VBA
- Experience working with large datasets/databases
- Experience in VB or Python programming, SQL, and technology systems development for structured finance applications is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort with reading and interpreting indentures and offering documents
- Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.