Global Customer Marketing Director - B2B Financial Services
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group, the world's largest derivatives exchange, is looking for a new Director to lead our customer marketing team in North America & Europe. Global Customer Marketing Director - B2B Financial Services
As the Director of Customer Marketing you will be tasked to lead and grow our customer marketing efforts in North America and EMEA. You will be responsible for creating the marketing strategy and overseeing the implementation of campaigns focused on new client acquisition in addition to customized account-based marketing initiatives. You will partner with the CME Group global sales teams on these campaigns.
You are individual with a strong understanding of financial markets, you've demonstrated a track record of B2B marketing success, team leadership and a willingness to be part of a fast-paced global marketing team. You have proven experience in building Demand Creation Marketing or developing Account-Based Marketing programs in B2B financial services environments.
You will report to the Executive Director for Product & Customer Marketing. Core responsibilities:
Understanding of CME Groups various customer segments and the ability to deliver targeted marketing messaging to meet their needs. Manage and motivate the global lead management team to identify effective marketing channels based on marketing engagement as we identify and qualify potential new clients for CME Group. Optimize customer marketing efforts by developing best practices and creating a globally consistent model for the customer marketing team. Collaboration with internal marketing and sales teams to ensure successful campaign management. Additionally, tracking and measuring marketing effectiveness of campaigns and adjusting tactics as needed to maximize campaign performance. This role will have four direct reports based in our Chicago and London offices. Primary focus areas: New Client Acquisition
- Manage the teams tracking and qualification of the marketing sourced leads from demand creation programs for new client acquisition
- Evaluate campaign data analysis and determine readiness of marketing qualified leads (MQLs) transition to sales qualified leads (SQL)
- Measure results across new client acquisition demand creation campaigns to develop best practices on lead scoring, response and conversion rates
- Partner with internal stakeholders to find new data sources for lead generation marketing efforts
- Work jointly with global sales leadership to ensure agreement on priorities, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
- Discuss campaign content requirements by country and type of customer with education and product marketing teams
- Develop the account-based marketing program for top customers at CME Group in collaboration with the customer marketing managers. Research and understands target client need and behaviors to customize marketing tactics to accelerate achievement of account goals.
- Partner with the global sales lead to assess and prioritize top customers for inclusion into the account account-based marketing program.
Customer Marketing and Regional Marketing Tactics
- Lead the customer marketing team's measurement for all account-based marketing activities. Deliver quarterly reporting to marketing and sales leadership teams showcasing best practices and results from ABM campaigns/initiatives.
- Manage and help develop a marketing strategy for delivering marketing to accounts which do not have dedicated sales coverage.
- Partner with all sales teams to ensure regional customer marketing activities are targeted and prioritized.
- Oversee the marketing results from the marketing country plans in EMEA with a focus on driving new lead generation in selected countries in the region.
The role requires experienced application of the following tactics and channels:
- Online promotion and website management
- Related advertising
- Direct marketing for targeted customers
- Industry events/tradeshows
- Content development - marketing collateral and education materials
- Content distribution plans and strategy development
- Social Media
- Competitive analysis