Global Fund Finance – BAAM Direct Trading, Financial Analyst/Associate
Job Description: Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $457 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Blackstone also provides various financial advisory services, including financial and strategic advisory, restructuring and reorganization advisory and fund placement services. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Global Fund Finance Job Title:
Financial Analyst/Associate Job Description:
The Global Fund Finance team for Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®), is seeking a Fund Accountant to join our rapidly growing direct trading platform. We have recently made an investment in state of the art back to middle office technology through Arcesium which will take our platform to the next level and provide scalability for our continual growth and product launches. This person will be heavily involved in onboarding the new technology and influencing the control environment at a very early stage which will integrate them very quickly into the platform. In addition, the individual will be responsible for the production of Net Asset Values and reporting for Blackstone's directly traded hedge fund and mutual fund strategies.
Candidates should have 3-6 years of public and/or private accounting experience focused on private equity or hedge fund portfolio accounting. Candidates should exhibit strong technical and analytical skills as well as exceptional communication skills. Candidates should be energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individuals with fresh ideas and innovative solutions who will thrive on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Involvement in building out the direct trading platform, including significant daily/monthly processes and controls
- Overseeing administrator accounting books and records on a daily basis, including analyzing and performing NAV reconciliations with various third party administrators and prime brokers/counterparties
- Maintaining shadow books and records of new state-of-the-art technology and systems
- Assisting in the setup and launch of new products and Funds
- Liaising with the front office on new and existing investments
- Liaising with prime brokers and ISDA counterparties on collateral and margin requirements
- Liaising with valuation, operations and middle office teams on fund transactions and activities
- Performing pricing and valuation controls to ensure adherence to fund policies
- Maintaining fund expense budgets and coordinating administrator updates
- Developing and maintaining fee calculations in accordance with fund governing documents
- Generating and distributing internal flash reporting to relevant parties
- Assisting senior team members in responding to specific client requests
- Generating customized client reporting
- Processing client capital activity and related payments
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated
excellence in prior endeavors.
- 3-6 years of fund and/or audit experience
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of private equity and/or hedge fund investing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.