Group Change Portfolio Management – Execution Advisor
Group Change Portfolio Management (GCPM) have a number of formal governance responsibilities towards the annual planning and execution of Credit Suisse's change portfolio. These responsibilities range for shaping and controlling the annual budgeting/planning cycle, the management and reporting of Change The Bank (CtB) financials through the year, management of the Bank's highest change governance meetings and monitoring, understanding and reporting key program execution risks and issues.
Since the bank's new organization structure was implemented in late 2015 a number of these processes have matured and are in the process of being optimized. The strategic focus for GCPM is now shifting towards gaining a much closer understanding of the key programs within the bank with a view to working alongside program/portfolio managers in identifying and resolving issues before they occur and in doing so driving up the overall change effectiveness of the organization.
The Execution Advisor role within GCPM will provide support to one or more portfolios. They will be tasked with gaining a good understanding of the portfolio and the key programs within the portfolio. Once this level of understanding has been gained they will provide advice and guidance to the portfolio/program managers acting as a useful 2nd/3rd pair of eyes.
- The opportunity to make an impact: your analysis will drive decision-making and behavioral change throughout the bank
- The opportunity to learn and develop as an individual as the role covers change programs in all of the Bank's Divisions and Corporate Functions and is focused on an emergent topic - analytics
- Exposure to and partnership with senior stakeholders including the Head of Group CPM, the Group COO's management team, and the COO/change organizations of Divisions and Corporate Functions
- In exchange, we are looking for someone who is flexible and ambitious, nimble and eager to experiment
Whilst the nature of the engagement will differ between portfolio's and projects, the key focus for the role is as follows.
- Act as a SME for all GCPM mandated standards and processes
- Attendance and active participation in a portfolio's formal governance processes/meetings (e.g. program checkpoint meetings)
- Attendance and active participation in selected steering meetings relating to key/focus initiatives within a portfolio
- Providing insights from outside of the portfolio which could lead to a more efficient execution of their portfolio
- To identify systemic inter and cross portfolio opportunities to increase the efficiency of change execution within the bank
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- A strong background w/ at least 7 years of relevant experience in project/program execution/management in line with their current level of seniority
- Excellent inter-personal skills through which they will make themselves and their views relevant to their respective portfolio(s)/Programs
- An ability to use fact and experience to influence portfolio and program teams to accept and implement new ideas
- The ability to quickly understand the basics and subsequently the detail behind complicated programs
- To be intellectually nosey, with a level of drive and persistence to identify and drive down into the detail of complex program risks and issues
- The ability over time to become a trusted advisor at the portfolio/program level
- Well rounded (preferably) former management consultant, who has strategy, change management, and data analytics experience, and is comfortable getting hands-on to deliver impact, while also thinking about the big picture
- Agile mindset, comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Desire to drive change at the most senior level in the Bank, with a balance of urgency and political acumen
- Quantitative and analytical skill
- Presentation skills - ability to tell a compelling story based on quantitative and qualitative data to an executive audience
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of the Bank's program and project processes and standards desirable
- Fluent in English; every additional language is a plus