IT Network Infrastructure and Cabling Associate - Infrastructure Services – Technology Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do:
This is for the Service Management Network Infrastructure team working on network infrastructure designs, cabling implementation, estimating for voice, data, security requirements, utility loads for power & cooling for our client. This position will require building a strong partnership across various teams including our Plan, Build and Run organizations and collaborate with Facilities Engineers and Architects on development of Low Voltage Cabling Infrastructure.
The candidate will require strong knowledge and experience in network cabling infrastructure, estimating, budgeting and utility requirements. Must have a strong working knowledge of infrastructure cabling for large corporate offices and data centers. Require knowledge of voice/data hardware implementations, physical security infrastructure, terminating, locating and identifying cables in IDF/MDF's. The candidate should be able to read and understand construction documents/drawings and provide direction to the vendors working on the project Your role as:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Coordinates designs and implements IT infrastructure cabling in support of IT Facility projects. Meets with designated management and technical staff to confirm voice and data needs. Works with CAD staff to create Construction Documents detailing project bidding and construction requirements.
- Conducts status meetings to resolve engineering issues. Updates project plan accordingly. Review and approve incoming services redundancy schemes of new buildings to avoid single points of failure.
- Recommends and implements cable plant infrastructure solutions, monitors project progress against schedule and resolves issues.
- Assists in the selection of certified contractors, solicits bid responses, selects the vendor, and mobilize construction teams for projects.
- Oversees and reviews all phases of the Telecommunications Cable Plant Infrastructure ensuring installation conforms to design documentation. Ensures equipment, furniture, etc. is protected throughout construction.
- Performs related duties, as required.
This position requires access to confidential information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a liaison and collaborate with Plan/Run teams, managers, other employees, vendors and contractors at all levels.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, complete and manage multiple large scale projects within scheduling guidelines.
- Must be able to function well in a fast paced team environment; ability to work well under strict deadlines, interface effectively with management, handle multiple requests with an eye for detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Strong analytical skills for problem determination and resolution
- Experience with AutoCAD drafting and design application is preferred
- Ability to read and understand construction documents/drawings to support the cabling infrastructure for voice/data/electric/mechanical
- Preparing structured cabling design documentation, including drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of deploying network infrastructure cabling for large scale projects including data centers is a key factor in selection
- Knowledge in the installation and coordination of Optical Carrier System such as OC3, OC12 and OC192. This includes all pathway design for internal routes of the outside plant fiber infrastructure and main wire centers.
- Knowledge in the delivery of DS3, T1 and fiber circuit infrastructure
- Knowledge of architectural construction documents/blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications cabling and infrastructure design and implementation; Knowledge of industry standards including BICSI TDMM Manual and TIA/EIA
- Review and approve shop drawings and product data submittals and responding to RFIs
- Serving as a technical resource for others throughout the corporation, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Exceptional time/workload management
- Design implementations that adhere to established company standards and codes; participation in the evolution/improvement of standards to meet changes in technology
- Knowledge of deploying physical security infrastructure is beneficial to selection
- Prioritize and respond to project requests for configuration changes in a timely manner
- Experience/knowledge in terminating, location, and identifying cables as IDF/MDF and within facility
- Responsible for the design and specification of voice and data for technology systems in the development of construction documents. Bring a project full circle through the design and preparation of a complete BOM and SOW
- Knowledge of voice & data hardware installations and designs; security hardware beneficial to selection
- Knowledge of voice & data hardware installations and design; security hardware beneficial to selection. Equipment Rack Design including estimating power and cooling requirements; including use cases (e.g. Server Versus Network Equipment) Expert understanding on all cabling media (Ethernet Cay 5/6, Fiber Optic) including limitations and usage. Patch panel design; cable management systems use and design.
- Experience in budget estimates for voice, data, security and power
- Flexible schedule to travel to various locations.
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.