Innovation Enablement Lead: Data, Technology & Innovation
JobDescription : The Role:
Innovation Enablement Lead: Data, Technology & Innovation Grade
: 14 (Internal Use Only). The Location:
New York, NY, Charlottesville, VA, Cambridge, MA and London, UK The Team:
S&P Global's Data, Technology and Innovation organization ("DTI") is building an Innovation Enablement team. The team is responsible for driving Innovation programs across S&P Global, spanning from grassroots to larger disruptive innovation efforts. The team enables innovation throughout the divisions and the company, ensuring that efforts remain close to the customers, and serves as a central hub for driving internal and external communications programs and measuring and reporting on performance of innovation programs. The Impact:
This individual will play a leading role to enable the success of this team, in close partnership with the Managing Director of the Innovation & Strategic Development group (to whom this position reports). You will have the chance to help shape the direction and enable the success of our innovation efforts across S&P Global while collaborating with executives, technology, data and product innovators and building a broad company-wide perspective. What's in it for you:
• Build an in-depth understanding of S&P Global's current and future technology and data capabilities and be on the cutting edge of future client needs, competitive positioning, current market trends around innovation, new developments and technologies.
• Be directly involved with some of S&P Global's core strategic growth initiatives and key innovators across the company
• Highly visible role with an opportunity to work closely with the senior management teams of DTI, S&P's divisions and the company and gain insight into all of S&P Global's businesses
• Collaborate directly with industry leading data scientists, technologists, process experts and data management professionals
• Opportunity to grow professionally managing a function (and team) as part of a truly global team Responsibilities:
• Lead existing grassroots programs (I3 contests/ideation/funds, Hackathons) evolving as the company's needs evolve; grow connections to other innovation efforts throughout the organization and cultivate communities of innovation
• Drive a program of larger disruptive innovation leveraging the S&P Global Innovation Framework and the concept of Rapid Innovation resourcing
• Implement needed tooling to enable the program (e.g. ideas portal, other); rolling out to the company and managing flow on an ongoing basis
• Governance of innovation programs including rigorous performance tracking, assessments, recommendations to continue funding or not; responsibility for generating ongoing regular reporting to executives on the successes/failures/learnings from the innovation programs and redeploying the learnings to program enhancements
• Partner with communications team to implement an ongoing communications program, with goal of improving internal and external comms/awareness of innovation program successes
• Build and manage a small team to drive the innovation programs, tools/innovation management systems and governance
• Support DTI's strategic planning process What We're Looking For:
• 10+ years of work experience in the a) financial information, b) financial services or c) technology industry(ies) with an entrepreneurial focus; experience building and managing global teams.
• Significant accomplishments with innovation, new product development, technology and data/content, and a demonstrable passion for emerging technology trends and experimentation
• Demonstrated experience creating new processes, products or services and challenging the status quo. A curiosity to learn, ask questions, identify mistaken assumptions and bring an open-minded approach.
• Experience using and/or deploying innovation management systems or ideas trackers. Success in building a community of idea vetting and sharing.
• Excellent business planning skills, including the ability to synthesize conflicting feedback from multiple stakeholders, create a cohesive goal-driven approach and develop action plans
• Exemplary verbal, presentation and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to gain trust, influence and steer a wide range of stakeholders from executives to project leaders
• High degree of initiative and ability to manage simultaneous projects
• Sense of urgency & an ability to deliver results with short lead-times
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.