Innovations - Senior Directory Services Engineer
Job Description: Senior Directory Services Engineer Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Innovations Business Unit Overview
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title:
Senior Directory Services Engineer Job Description:
The Sr. Directory Services Engineer is responsible for technical design, implementation, and operational support across Blackstone's Directory Services, SSO, & PKI infrastructure. You will be responsible for contributing to a program of change including the creation of ongoing framework of global standards in support of the company's business and technical goals.
Additionally, you will be responsible for large complex projects that have many interdependencies that will challenge you and require cross team collaboration. Many of the services this team will support include components from both Azure & AWS and either having those skills and/or being open to learning them are a must. Skills and experience: Messaging
- Expertise in designing, configuring, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 or Office 365
- Complete understanding of Exchange architecture and all components (hub transports, edge servers, DAGs, etc)
- Excellent PowerShell skills to manage and automate all functions of Exchange
- Understanding of Lync/Skype for Business topology and ability to architect/troubleshoot the environment
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Active Directory infrastructure and all related services (DNS, DHCP,PKI, etc)
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 system administration
- Understanding of Group Policy, Certificate Authority and Authentication protocols (Kerberos/NTLM)
- Understanding of Identity Management Services
- Excellent PowerShell skills to manage and automate Active Directory and related services
- Strong competence in modern SSO authentication protocols and solutions
- OpenID Connect etc
- Cert based authentication
- Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, and meeting facilitation
- Efficiently troubleshoot/prioritize issues and create a culture of root cause analysis
- Responsible for configuration, management, and support Directory Services, SSO, & PKI infrastructure with careful regard to availability, connectivity, performance, and security
- Provide escalation support to the IT Service Desk/Desktop support teams
- Architect and implement automation ensuring a consistent and reliable environment
- Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between the vendor's engineering resources and Blackstone
- Continuously move Blackstone forward by researching new and emerging technologies
- Participate and oversee efforts in audits related the Directory Services infrastructure
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.