Java/Big Data Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join the Big Data and Analytics team, which is building out a new platform within Group Operations. We are global team spread across New York, Raleigh, London, Singapore, and Pune. This role requires hands on development, technical leadership, and creative problem solving across the various projects related to the Big Data environment. This role also involves collaborating with the L1 / L2 support organization to maintain production stability when needed.
You will be responsible for development, technical thought leadership, and delivery of features and capabilities for the Data & Analytics Platform. You will be expected to:
- Develop against and support Hadoop Infrastructure using shell scripting, Python, Control-M
- Implement processes including loading data sets and preprocessing using Hive / Impala
- Write queries and scripts to query against and transform data in a Hadoop environment
- Have experience with streaming technology such as Kafka
- Have experience with analytics tools and languages such as Alteryx, Tableau, R
- Have Experience with non-relational & relational databases (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Know architectural patterns in big data and streaming data environments
- Dive into existing application code base to resolve functionality
- Work in an agile environment using JIRA
- Have experience using DevOps tooling including GIT and Transporter
- Have familiarity with cloud based platforms and tools including Docker
- Have the ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture
- Effectively communicate with project managers, business analysts and users, negotiate and lead technical meetings as well as influence outcomes
- Be up to date in the ever changing world of big data and analytics
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with equivalent experience
- You have minimum 7-9 years of IT experience. Investment Banking Operations IT background ideal
- You have 5 to 7 years of Financial Industry/banking experience
- You have extensive expertise in big data tools and technologies including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Impala, SQL, noSQL databases
- Have extensive experience with Unix/Linux scripting, Python, Control-M
- You have sound knowledge of version control & debugging tools
- You have experience in methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Test Driven Development (Junit) and real passion for automating Integration Testing
- You have deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing toolsets such as Jira/Confluence/Stash/Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with cloud based platforms and tools such as Docker
- You possess analytical and problem solving skills and are hardworking & committed.
- You have hands on development experience and an ability to deliver high quality programs with a strong focus on delivery
- You are able to lead and drive delivery with best practices and standards.
- You have excellent organizational, problem solving, leadership, written and verbal communication skills
For more information visit Technology Careers .