Java Developer with HBase
Trade & Risk Management technology operates horizontally across Global Markets businesses. Within this organization, the RDx group operates the core common risk technology components that support the Global Markets and provides on-demand risk aggregation, promote effective capital allocation, improve trading decision-making tools, and support management of risk oversight across GM.
The RDx team owns and develops the core technologies which enable the front-to-back applications that are used across Global Markets for risk management and regulatory reporting. These technologies enable traders, product controllers and risk managers across the business to analyse and report on massive amounts of risk and P&L data. The heart of this platform is the Risk Data Fabric (RDF), a 'big data' store which provides a consistent data access layer for trade, P&L and reference data across all GM business lines. On top of this we develop and support a graph-based calculation layer (QCF) which enables on-demand risk and scenario calculations to both front office and risk management users.
Along with the data store and calculation layer the platform team also develops Risk Data Algebra (RDA) a suite of software which enables the aggregation and manipulation (slicing & dicing) of large volumes of data and the representation of that data into consistent GUIs and reports. All of this technology is underpinned by our Risk Definition Language (RDL) which is developed to describe all the data and calculations performed within the RDx platform.
The team is looking to grow in 2019 to underpin its position as the key enabler of Credit Suisse Global Markets business to meet current and future regulatory reporting requirements whilst providing the next generation calculation and analytic layer on which the firm's risk reporting can be based.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, flexible and innovative RDF Data Store Engineer to join the RDx team and help us to evolve our platform to handle the broad challenges which arise from being core to the future of the Credit Suisse Global Markets business.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree educated with a mathematical / computational degree or similar.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- You are able to engage and communicate across business and IT functions
- Proactive and eager to be challenged including a demonstrable ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to move focus between components and projects easily.
- You have prior experience in the financial services sector, and risk technology, is a benefit.
- Big data stack Design/Development experience across multiple environments.
- Proven understanding of server-side Java, API-driven development.
- Ability to work with Ops and Engineering teams.
- Extensive experience with back-end, distributed systems
- Collaborate in a global team environment on application design and feature enhancements.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Experience with administrative/DevOps tooling like Puppet, scripting languages (shell, Python, etc.), TeamCity, etc.
- JVM monitoring, profiling, performance tuning and debugging.
- No-SQL database experience (in particular sorted key-value stores such as Apache HBase, Apache Accumolo for instance). Apache Spark (or similar analysis tools).
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience deploying containers in production, preferably using Kubernetes for orchestration.