Lead Product Designer/UX Architect
Lead Product Designer/UX Architect inNew York City JP Morgan's Corporate Investment Bank(CIB)-Markets Execution Group
We are actively seeking an energetic and innovativeProduct Design Lead to join our group. J.P. Morgan is embarking on atransformation into the fin-tech future of institutional trading by incorporatingstrong Product and Design discipline along with emerging technologies such asblock chain, data science, machine learning, bio-metrics, et al into theproducts and services we create. Our team, which sits within JP Morgan'sinstitutional trading arm (serving corporate clients), leverages such capabilitiesto develop and refine the tools considered most essential to the users thatkeep this business at the top of the industry: traders, analysts, portfoliomanagers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and executionof trades. These users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloadedjobs, within an already complex industry. And so the tools we design must addvalue while adding minimal complexity. To do our job well, we utilize creative design-ledtechniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy andfind insights that others can't. We elevate UX not just to solve users'problems but also to use design to steer the product's evolution into apowerful and extensible framework.
The successful candidate will join this uniqueand specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilitiesfor client-facing applications. Our Product Design team sits within a ProductManagement organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that ourhand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed. The ideal candidate is, a bove all, a maker
andenjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of InteractionDesign, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidatesshould have the following skills and interests:
- Enjoys designing highly functional userinterfaces
- Has a deep understanding of interactivity andits impact on human behavior
- Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designingcomplex, yet innovative, experiences
- Has a cache of methods for uncovering important contextualdetails that help ensure we're solving for the right problems
- Can defend their designs with rationale rooted inuser needs and business goals
- Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborativenature of product development
- Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value ofvisual aesthetics across everything we do
- Can confidently translate business problems andrequirements into compelling UI's.
- Define and drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecturefor complex highly functional business applications
- Both formally or informally uncover user needsand contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage yourlearnings to come up with the big idea
- Create, present, and document proposed solutionsfrom the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interactionmodels and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- With a solid understanding of the users, steernot just the design but also, where appropriate, the product strategy
- Escort a proposed solution through to deploymentand beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
- For lead-level, minimum 8 years of experienceworking as a user experience professional
- Has evaluated the goals and opportunities of aninitiative and then worked to craft a program of work for the UX work streamwhich has included user research and synthesis, concepting, design,specification, QA, and deployment.
- Experience designing applications within complexbusiness domains similar to financial services
- Demonstrable experience designing richinteractions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Foundation education in graphic, industrial,interaction design or related degree. Master's degree preferred or equivalentadvanced degree is preferred for our Lead roles.
- Track record of successful deliveries and astrong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before aninterview will be scheduled.