Manager, DATA & CONTENT ACQUISITION
JobDescription : S&P Global Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Manager, Data & Content Acquisition Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12A The Location:
New York, NY The Team:
The S&P Dow Jones Indices' Index Data Acquisition & Content Subscriptions (iDACS) team is instrumental in ensuring we manage our vendors efficiently, effectively, and in line with policies throughout the vendor lifecycle. This includes vendor performance, cost, risk, and adherence to contract terms. The Impact:
You will play a key leadership role on the team, leading contract negotiations and contract renewals. You will play a critical role in the vendor selection process and work with business leaders to assess evolving needs. What's in it for you:
- Fast-paced environment
- Collaboration across the organization with key influencers
- Excellent benefits package, including generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, parental leave and more
- Opportunities for advancement
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Oversee inbound market data and maintain relationships between SPDJI and Exchanges, Market Data Vendors, and Content Providers
- Lead contract negotiation for commercial and business terms related to SPDJI internal use and redistribution of various third party products and services
- Implement and promote best practices globally, including identifying opportunities to optimize and leverage data sources across the organization. Abide by guidelines and standards set by the organization.
- Maintain accurate summaries of all vendor relationships and related contracts and terms.
- 2-5 years in financial services firm
- 2-5 years in vendor procurement, contracting and/or management
- Excellent communication skills
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- Vendor management experience, including experience setting and executing procurement strategy
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.