Mid Level Web Application Java Developer (1741)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is seeking a Java Software Developer for our Web Development Group to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer facing systems.
The successful candidate must be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems. Duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, maintain web-based applications and programs for our online brokerage services.
- Maintain large-multi-tiered web applications to support our customer registration and account management systems.
- The design, development, support of Oracle database schemas, PL/SQL packages, scheduled batch processing, Java applications and servers.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Java technologies (Java Servlets and JSP)
- Knowledge of SQL, Database design, PL/SQL, Object-Oriented Programming and Java
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Exposure to jQuery, JSON, AJAX fundamentals
- Experience designing single page applications using frameworks like AngularJS
- Exposure to UNIX/Linux
- Strong fundamental knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
- Self-motivated and directed
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info