Private Wealth Management (PWS), Internal Sales Specialist
Job Description: Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $385 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Private Wealth Solutions (PWS) Job Title:
Internal Sales Specialist Job Description:
Internal Sales Specialists are part of the Blackstone Private Wealth Solutions group. PWS is a new business at the firm focused on two objectives: diversifying the firm's client base by serving clients within, and raising capital from new channels and developing investment solutions for those channels by leveraging Blackstone's leading franchises in Private Equity, Real Estate, Hedge
Fund Solutions, Credit, and Tactical Opportunities.
The group is globally positioned, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Hong Kong and works with many of the world's largest wealth management institutions to raise capital for Blackstone. In addition to product development, the group also manages the day to day operations of investment vehicles with over ~$2.5 billion in client assets.
The Internal Sales Specialist will partner with External Sales Specialists to cultivate relationships with key financial advisors within a specified channel and territory(s), with the goal of accelerating the adoption of Blackstone investment solutions. The Internal Sales Specialist will maintain a high level of contact with intermediary clients and prospects and will be the subject matter expert across one of the most diverse sets of alternative investment offerings in the industry. Responsibilities:
- Partner with External Sales Specialists to drive sales within assigned territory(s)
- Cultivate relationships with financial advisors through high-quality interactions including proactive and reactive calls, emails and follow-ups as well as limited in-person territory meetings
- Maintain a high-level of client service by answering inbound inquiries and working with the operations team to resolve specific account issues
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate Blackstone's sophisticated products (fund objectives, terms, exposures, manager strategy, positioning, performance attribution, etc)
- Take a consultative approach in profiling financial advisors in order to understand their business, clients and investment challenges to better match Blackstone solutions to their needs
- Work with External Sales specialists to establish and execute on territory plan(s) and utilize data to optimize engagement with financial advisors
- Utilize the CRM system to log all client/prospect related activity on a daily basis
- Bachelor's degree required
- FINRA Series 7 & (63/65 or 66) required
- Minimum of 2-years work experience within the financial services industry required (asset management, wealth management or alternatives experience preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for capital markets and alternative investments
- Ability to perform at a high-level within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture with a focus on excellence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with web-based CRM technology (eg SalesForce)
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to a track record of selling, servicing or marketing financial services products, the successful candidate should have strong communication, sales, client service & presentations skills, as well as a desire to work in a team environment. A strong knowledge of markets, securities and investment strategies is essential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.