Product Specialist - Market Data
The FENICS Client Services team is responsible for providing clients with technical assistance, functional advice and problem resolution with respect to the various FENICS products including the FENICS Market Data suite of products. The team work alongside the FENICS Account Managers and Sales Division to ensure clients receive an excellent level of service. Role Overview
The role of the Product Specialist is to act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) across the various market data products and execute operations tasks such as collecting, cleansing, organsing, maintaining, analysing and distributing market data products. Core Responsibilities
- Pricing and data analysis.
- Manage processes for collecting, cleansing and distributing data
- Investigate, diagnose and rectify production market data issues.
- Providing technical support and consultation to helpdesk queries.
- Support sales desk with pre-sales enquiries.
- Support brokerage with data enquiries.
- Understanding business reasons for client product enhancements requests, clarifying required functionality.
- Triage of priority for development team and testing of end functionality developed via this process.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Mentoring and nurturing product specialists to help them become SME's.
- Strong analytical ability and display logical approach to troubleshooting.
- Understanding Complex Issues.
- Self-management, creativity and initiative
- Strong organization skills; able to prioritize effectively both internal and external clients and drive projects through to completion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of the derivatives market and derivatives pricing.
- Appreciation of front office systems, architecture & platforms.
- Dealing with third party vendors (e.g. Reuters/Bloomberg).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Reuters and/or Bloomberg software.
- Reuters Contex software for data distribution
- Database skills (Analytics / SQL)
- Specific financial market data expertise