Production Operations Sr Analyst - Fedwire Operations - Financial Services Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do:
The Financial Services Group is responsible for providing banking services to the U.S. government, banks and other financial institutions. Within this group, there are two primary businesses: Wholesale Product Office and Cash Function.
The Wholesale Product Office (WPO) operates a critical financial services business on behalf of the Federal Reserve System (FRS). The WPO is responsible for the management, operation, support and development of wholesale services (Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service and National Settlement Service), which includes developing new services, service enhancements, and pricing models, and ensuring the technology used to deliver the wholesale services is secure, resilient, and satisfies business requirements. Wholesale services are systemically important financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and are central in supporting settlement for other systemically important private-sector FMIs. Further, as a central bank-operated business, the wholesale services faces unique challenges akin to a private-sector business but overlaid with a financial stability mission and an evolving supervisory landscape for systemically important FMIs. The WPO carries out its mission through a team operated out of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) and a network of critical Reserve Bank service providers.
The Production Operations area is responsible for the 24/7 operation and administration of distributed payments systems supporting the WPO’s critical, high value, high availability Fedwire businesses. In addition, this team is responsible for ensuring that the Fedwire Funds, Fedwire Securities, National Settlement Service, and Account Balance Services applications are available according to their business requirements while providing premium customer service to the Federal Reserve System districts and other application users. This position will be on the day shift with one of the following scheduling options available:
Location: New York or East Rutherford, N.J.
- Tuesday – Saturday (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM), or
- Wednesday – Saturday (7:30 AM – 6:00 PM)
It should be noted that the IT Support Sr. Analyst may be subject to periodic rotation to other day shifts as needed for operational coverage. Onboarding and training will be in the NY location for 3-4 months before permanently moving to the East Rutherford location. Once fully trained, Telecommuting is available for DI weekend testing. Your role as IT Support Senior Analyst:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Monitor the Production Fedwire Applications and Operating Systems including the completion of the daily checklist of activities which are critical in meeting the Service availability target for customer processing. Identify, resolve and escalate issues and or anomalies to senior management
- Support implementation of all environment and application changes to the Fedwire systems
- Assist both internal FRB and external Fedwire customers with updates and inquiries
- Contribute to analysis and reporting on production problems and operational issues to senior management and stakeholders
- Assist with contributions to projects and work group initiatives
- Assist in the development of operational and contingency procedures for existing and/or new payment applications and environments
- Assist in the development of user documentation
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of experience in distributed applications and or high availability, mission critical businesses
- A base knowledge of critical production environments and payment systems. Knowledge of Fedwire® business is highly desirable
- Proven ability to understand distributed computer processes and environments. Knowledge of distributed components such as UNIX, SQL, and WebSphere is extremely desirable with capability and desire to expand knowledge and expertise
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to think clearly, remain poised when confronted with critical production issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate and share production operation activity and business status with area management and appropriate stake holders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with various levels of staff and management and maintain effective working relationships across the organization
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance. The screening is in areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and outreach to personal and professional references that you have provided during the pre-employment process. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.