- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 17
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Project Manager will be part of the MIS SFG Technology team that creates and supports applications, systems, and processes designed for the MIS Structured Finance lines of business. The role will have explicit responsibilities in supporting data-related initiatives especially for US SFG teams, and will also work with other counterparts in EMEA and Asia-Pac in the interest of global coordination and governance.
The individual will be focused on the oversight of the data processes for the Structured Finance Group (SFG), both in terms of the data content utilized in the various business applications and in terms of data structure.
In addition, the individual in this role will also take on business analysis responsibilities in support of MIS-SFG data and technology projects. This includes working with the analyst community and other stakeholders to define, analyze, and document business and data requirements to help implement solutions consistent with both needs of SFG teams as well as MIS/IT strategic objectives.
The position demands technical skills including an understanding of databases, data quality, scripting of queries, and documentation of business and data requirements. Additional required skills include the ability to effectively communicate with analysts, developers and senior managers.
The position would further benefit from an experience with and a general understanding of structured finance transactions.
The candidate will:
- Be involved in the day-to-day interaction with the development and business users to ensure data quality and client satisfaction.
- Facilitate issue resolution, recording and tracking
- Ensure the various business applications maintained by both SFG and MIT groups reference the correct data in the databases
- Support data requests/projects and help to interpret data sets.
- Contribute to data and IT projects as a business-minded business analyst
- Manage and support business and data requirements documentation
- Perform data/process analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed
- Maintain a strong understanding of Moody's business processes and data needs as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and participate in filtering and prioritizing requests accordingly.
The Project Manager will be part of the MIS SFG Technology team that creates and supports applications, systems, and processes designed for the MIS Structured Finance lines of business.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ year's financial industry experience.
- Proficiency with SQL query writing in a relational database environment (Sybase or SQL Server preferred). Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA).
- Analytical, strategic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative without close supervision yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written. Able to communicate effectively with both business stakeholders and developers.
- Self-starter and results oriented, with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Experience in producing management presentations
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.