Real Estate – IRBD, Coverage Vice President / Associate (102A)
Job Description: Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Blackstone Real Estate Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has approximately $140 billion in investor capital under management. Blackstone's real estate portfolio includes hotel, office, retail, industrial and residential properties in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America. Blackstone real estate also operates one of the leading real estate finance platforms, including management of the publicly traded Blackstone Mortgage Trust. Job Description & Responsibilities:
In this role, the Vice President or Associate will support global real estate capital raising support efforts. The Vice President or Associate will spend significant time with members of the firm's global real estate group, including the acquisitions, asset management, legal/compliance, and finance teams within real estate and other groups within the broader firm. The Associate will spearhead multiple projects at one time employing a range of skillsets. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Dedicated support to senior capital raising team
- Data gathering to focus capital raising efforts
- Cold calling prospects and existing investors to pre-sell products
- Proxy for senior capital raising team at internal meetings and on conference calls
- Take leadership on various internal projects to manage a process to completion
This professional will have active involvement with the senior leaders of one of the largest real estate managers in the world and will support a highly productive fundraising team. Qualifications:
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and time management skills, the successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of five years of professional experience
- Prior work experience in real estate, asset management, investor relations and/or investment banking is preferred
- Ability to navigate internal obstacles and partner across internal constituencies. Team approach to problem solving. Exhibit maturity and good judgment during high intensity situations
- Instinct for sales and desire to establish new relationships
- Potential to understand Blackstone's products, fund strategies and deals, in depth
- Knowledge of real estate debt and equity, including core, core+, value add and opportunistic transactions as well as raising SMA and co-invest capital
Undergraduate degree is required. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.