SENIOR LEAD, APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
JobDescription : S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role
: Lead Application Developer The Location
: New York Grade
: 12A The Team
: You will be part of global technology team comprising of Dev, QA and BA teams and will be responsible for analysis, design, development and testing. The Impact
: You will be working on one of the core technology platforms responsible for the end of day
calculation as well as dissemination of index values. What's in it for you
: You will have the opportunity to work on the enhancements to the existing index calculation system as well as implement new methodologies as required. Responsibilities
What we're looking for
- Design and development of Java applications for SPDJI web sites and its feeder systems.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, Debugging & Documentation.
- Develop software applications based on clear business specifications.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop web based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
- Build applications with object oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
- Check-in application code changes into the source repository.
- Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
- Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
- Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
: Basic Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- 8+ years of IT experience in application development and support.
- Strong Hands-On Experience with Java, J2EE, JMS &.EJBs
- Strong Hands-On Experience with Advanced SQL, PL/SQL programming
- Basic networking knowledge / Unix scripting
- Minimum 2 years of experience in any three or more of following.
- Advanced Python
- Advanced Scala
- Infrastructure/ CICD/DevOps/ Ansible / Fortify / Jenkins
- Big data / AWS Cloud / Micro services
- Spark using Scala / python/java and HDFS
- Good understanding of AWS cloud (EC2, EMR, Lambda, S3, Glue, etc.)
- QA Automation (cucumber , selenium , karate etc)
- Exposure to addressing Vulnerabilities
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Experience working with large datasets in Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures and Options asset classes.
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Trading platforms.
- Basic Knowledge of User Interface design & development using JQuery, HTML5 & CSS.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a joint venture of S&P Global the controlling member, and CME Group Inc.
S&P Global, provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Dow Jones Indices intends to bring independent, transparent and cost effective solutions to the global investment community and be at the forefront of index change and innovation.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.