Senior Financial Analyst
Job Description The MA FP&A Team is looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst to support the expense financial planning and analysis of 2 Moody's Analytics lines of businesses. The Senior Financial Analyst will also support developing and reviewing the high level compensation/headcount forecasting assumptions for Moody's Analytics. This position offers the opportunity to work with senior level stakeholders, gain in-depth knowledge on compensation modelling, and exposure to all parts of forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Work with stakeholders to manage and support all phases of the expense financial planning process for their line of businesses
- Assist with the development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and 5-year strategic plans and develop presentations to senior stakeholders across Moody's Analytics
- Manage P&L actual/budget/forecast variance analysis during the monthly/quarterly close process and act on results to assist in effective business management
- Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and work with the accounting team to make any necessary reclasses
- Responsible for position management and compensation modeling for assigned lines of businesses
- Assist with Moody's Analytics compensation modelling assumptions and reporting (Benefits & Taxes, hiring trends, etc)
- Report and consolidate R&D costs for all of Moody's Analytics
- Project and forecast Moody's Analytics space planning needs
- Develop new reporting or analysis to provide insightful information to business, find opportunities to improve processes
- Work closely with team in Costa Rica to ensure planning activities and reporting are performed with satisfactory results
- Interact with Moody's Analytics senior management team, Moody's Analytics sales/revenue FP&A team, Business and Corporate Planning colleagues, Accounting, HR, and Corporate Development
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline
• 3-5 years of work experience in financial planning and analysis (forecasting, budgeting, and variance reporting)
• Solid understanding of accounting
• Strong analytical and and data organization / interpretation skills, experience with building financial models
• Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.