Senior Financial Analyst - Investing in Energy The Role:
S&P Global Commodity Insights is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Investing in Energy research team. The analyst will work alongside a broad range of industry analysts to develop independent and granular analysis of energy-investment trends.
Are you an enthusiastic and collaborative team member? Do you enjoy learning and discussing various aspects of global energy markets in a supportive team environment? The Team:
The Investing in Energy team works within our Commodity Insights division to provide investors with cross-sector energy advisory and decision support through subscription-based research and data solutions. The client-facing team is located across the globe with offices in New York, Washington, Houston, and London. The Impact:
This customer-first position will be an integral member of the Commodity Insights team that drives engagement with the financial sector's Investment Banking, Investment Management, and Private Equity divisions. What's in it for you:
The successful candidate will be keen to apply strong analysis and communication skills to understand how capital is being allocated across global energy sectors. The critical-thinking analyst will produce provocative, data-supported reports that offer guidance to client teams making active investments in energy commodities, companies, and infrastructure. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Analyze financial and industry data and information and author forward-looking research reports that track and identify trends in global energy investment
- Support client requests by providing quick and comprehensive answers to questions about research findings. On-site and virtual presentations are regularly required.
- Work independently to author research deliverables and prepare presentations, often in coordination with globally distributed and time-constrained teams.
- Demonstrate expertise in the relevant industry/ies and become a recognized expert on chosen topics of interest.
- Challenge ideas and influence others across multiple teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise to global sales and marketing teams to promote research, and support new business and renewals with clients
- 1-5 years of experience covering energy markets as a journalist, equity analyst, or consultant.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Student of energy markets with dual-threat skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with S&P Capital IQ Pro a plus
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to lead without authority in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Comfortable in client-facing situations
- Resourceful and not afraid to ask questions
- Some occasional domestic travel may be required
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
New York City or Washington DC About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
282148 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States