Sr. Specialist Developer - Java
Clearing,Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for more than 350critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management),Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker DealerClearance (securities clearing). Markets& Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management andapplication development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, GlobalCollateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equitiesbusinesses. This group also supports the company's market risk and counterpartycredit risk platforms.
We are currently lookingfor a Senior Java Developer / Software Engineer to join our global team andsupport the strategic growth of industry-leading Liquidity DIRECT and MarginDIRECT products.
In this role, you willwork both individually and as a part of a team, building microservices in ahighly-distributed, loosely-coupled architecture. You will work on designingand implementing RESTful APIs, reactive data flows, and event-driven message-basedcommunication. You will stay on the cutting edge of technology, participate inpilot projects and PoCs, integrate new approaches and technologies intoexisting infrastructure, and will be a part of a FinTech-like culture within amajor financial institution.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in software development required
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with Java 8, Spring Boot, web servers (preferably Tomcat)/Docker
- Familiarity with the concepts of microservices architecture
- Hands on experience with Messaging technologies (IBM MQ, Kafka preferred, Tibco acceptable)
- SQL databases (preferably Oracle) and ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, or similar)
- Familiarity with Linux OS, GIT, Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills, passion for software development, and being a team player are a must!
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: