Support Specialist - Technology & Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- SME role to provide BAU Application support to the Financial markets Ecommerce business.
- eFX Application support
- High Severity incident management
- Change coordination and implementation
- Problem Management
- Engagement with multiple teams within and outside the bank to resolve key production impacting issues
- Root Cause Analysis
- Operational Risk Management.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery/BCM drills
- Performance/stability reviews/improvements
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation
- Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures
- Participate in weekend on-call and public holiday support rota
- Strong functional knowledge of Financial FX products
- Candidate should possess prior experience in supporting electronic trading platform.
- Preferable to have good understanding of Solace VMR
- Strong shell/Perl / Python scripting skills. Ability to automate manual task and seek continuous improvement in support performance
- Good understanding in infrastructure setup, O/s memory management, capacity review
- Good understanding in networking concepts and ability to trouble shoot and understand latency issues
- Ability to drive incident bridges by involving all the relevant parties and progressing the issues / outages to closure
- Complete understanding of end to end trade lifecycle
- Very good knowledge of ITRS Geneos / Oracle SQL
- Ability to own and drive small/ad-hoc project work and deliver to its closure
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Self starter, able to self manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
- Strong team player.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.