Job Description Systems Engineer
At Citadel, a leading investor in the world's financial markets, we aim to win together as one team to earn the long-term trust of our capital partners and each other. Our collaborative approach allows technologists to grow alongside other team members and execute on big, innovative ideas.
Specifically, our engineering solutions empower the firm with the large-scale systems necessary to pursue a breadth and depth of investment strategies. Site Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems. We focus on practices that drive iterative improvement to our solutions.
For our Core Engineering team, we're seeking elite Systems Engineers who exhibit passion for development, operations, networking, and systems. If you're excited by the prospect of building and re-building solutions, you could build an engineering legacy at Citadel. Locations: Chicago and New York Your Opportunity:
Your Skills and Talents:
- Build and maintain the world's most advanced compute, network and storage infrastructure and eliminating work through automation
- Build automation to manage and monitor infrastructure services and applications
- Ensure and improve the reliability, availability and performance of infrastructure and infrastructure-related applications
- Investigate new ways to improve operations and define new solutions to solve technically complex systems issues
- Dive deep into service interdependencies and region-specific configurations to find the root of a problem
- Learn from industry leaders, distinguished engineers and investment professionals
- 1-4+ years of industry experience on building and managing Compute, Network, and/or Storage systems and/or components
- Proficient in Python
- Experience using Linux
- Experience in automating routine tasks
- Experience in configuration management and infrastructure provisioning (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Fundamental technology knowledge on: storage concepts (e.g., object/block/file storage, NFS), compute concepts (e.g., different OS environments, virtualization), networking concepts (e.g., DNS, HTTP, TCP, UDP, IP)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel's hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel's team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.