Our client, a leading hedge fund, is looking to add a new Technical Business Analyst to their Compliance Surveillance team, which oversees and analyses all communication activities across their global business.
Location: New York and Chicago
The Technical Business Analyst will work closely with their Compliance, Legal, Front Office teams and other developers to manage internal and 3rd party Machine Learning software, build and implement new surveillance capabilities, and stay up to date with new tools and methodologies for conducting surveillance across Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Big Data Applications.
Responsibilities will include assisting with designing the requirements, implementing, testing and monitoring a comprehensive, enterprise-wide communication surveillance and analytics platform; assisting in developing communication surveillance tools such as behaviour analyses, multi-data format alerts and innovative risk metrics; researching and designing pattern detection based on new threats, changing regulations and emerging market trends, under guidance from the Head of Surveillance.
- Analyze business problems and come up with requirements to build software systems
- Research various forms of structured and unstructured data using various technical tools including Groovy/Java, Advanced Excel, Python (desirable but not required) to come up with requirements
- Research and Troubleshoot production problems to identify the root cause and support developers to fix the issues strategically
- Review flagged messages for evidence of misconduct and analyze the quality of surveillance scenarios output
- Interpret and understand the various regulatory rules associated with Broker-Dealer and Asset Manager business to determine the project requirements
- 2-7 years of experience in the financial service sector, no surveillance experience required
- Bachelors from top tier university
- Experience creating queries and utilizing reporting tools to retrieve data and prepare reports
- Working knowledge of Linux Commands, and any other development language, including Groovy, Java, Python, or Perl/Shell scripts
My client is looking to speak as soon as possible. To apply, please click the Apply button below.