Coordinating day-to-day efforts to ensure that positions and prices are accurate across the portfolio managers, IT systems, and the back office/accounting functions
A Leading Asset Management Firm of an Investment Bank is looking for a VP/ Senior Asset Management Operations Lead:
Reporting Line: The role will report into the Head of Operations in Asset Management
Through Service Level Agreements, The Investment Bank supports the Asset Management Firm which is a diversified alternative asset management platform, consisting of focused strategies run by distinct management teams. The strategies invest in equities, futures, credit swaps, equity total return swaps, foreign exchange, and other products across the strategies and vehicles. The role is responsible for:
- Coordinating day-to-day efforts to ensure that positions and prices are accurate across the portfolio managers, IT systems, and the back office/accounting functions
- Reconciling and resolving trade and position breaks across the trading systems, prime brokers, and administrators.
- Ensuring that trades are allocated across accounts properly
- Support the implementation of new brokerage/counterparty relationships, products, and accounts
- Managing small operations team
- Implementation of Geneva and automated reconciliations across the platform.
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory filings such as Form ADV, Form PF, CPO-PQR and AIFMD Annex IV.
- Working with Compliance to periodically update operational policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of operational experience working on the buy-side supporting equities and futures products
- Experience working with software engineers on defining and guiding the implementation of new business / accounting processes, reporting requirements, and products.
- Experience managing operations staff
- Strong work ethic
- Good judgment
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Problem solving
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to understand different types of legal entity structures.
- An understanding of financial markets and different investment vehicles
- Ability to see the “big picture”
- Experience working with Geneva or other post-trade processing software systems
- Operational/Accounting experience on the sell-side is a plus