VP Business Risk and Control
Business Risk & Control (BRC) is a 1 st Line of Defense Operational Risk Team responsible for the implementation of Operational Risk framework. The BRC provides 1 st Line of Defense oversight of all key Operational Risks across all business lines and control functions identifying, assessing, monitoring, reporting and controlling operational risks. Responsibilities
As a member of the BRC team a key focus for the individual will be to help design and deploy a common ORM framework across all the business lines. The role will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the business and control functions to identify, assess, manage and report operational risk issues and events.
- Preparing reports/presentations for various business line/entity and regional Risk and Control Committees and Working groups.
- Work with the various business and control functions to design strong risk metrics (KPI/KRI) for both business line and enterprise reporting.
- Work closely with the various business lines and control functions on balancing operational risk requirements with the need for efficient business operations
- Participate in various projects and working groups that will improve the firm's risk and control framework.
- Control Effectiveness Testing - oversight of testing performed within the respective business/control functional, working with control owners to design strong control testing plans and conducting periodic control effectiveness testing in various areas of the firm.
- Risk and Control Liaison - a point of contact for all Risk & Control items across the Front Office, Control Functions, Risk (2 nd LoD), Audit and the Regulators.
- Eligible to work in the US
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- A strong understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking as well as Capital Markets a plus
- 5+ years in Operational Risk/Control or Audit role for a Bank/Financial Institution
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk Management and Control Frameworks
- Independence in judgment and cognizant of latest developments in the market/regulatory environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Collaborative team player and relationship builder
- Exemplary business ethics