VP, Intermediary Marketing
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a high performing, dynamic and energetic candidate for a leadership role on its Channel Marketing team. The position is responsible for the strategic marketing direction of wirehouse & independent broker-dealer (retail) and RIA channels with the goal of driving engagement and marketing qualified leads to our sales partners. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader, strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The VP, Intermediary Marketing will report to the Head of U.S. GWM Channel Marketing, and will be part of PIMCO's Global Marketing organization.
This role may be based in Austin, TX, New York, NY or Newport Beach, CA. Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team of marketing professionals who develop and deliver timely and relevant marketing activities in strategic alignment with our sales partners' goals and priorities.
- Deliver industry-leading marketing programs and partnerships focused on clients and prospects within U.S. wirehouse, independent and RIA channels.
- Develop, execute, measure and optimize annual, channel-specific Marketing plans for each of PIMCO's Global Wealth Management channels.
- Build and maintain strong and impactful relationships with stakeholders across sales teams and within business management.
- Drive awareness and excitement about marketing- and brand-driven initiatives within Global Wealth Management to increase engagement and effectiveness.
- Manage stakeholder reporting and deliver actionable recommendations based on findings.
- Provide frequent updates to senior Marketing and GWM leadership.
- Serve as a client and business expert to help shape the direction and scope of PIMCO's broader U.S. marketing efforts.
- Improve efficiencies across the operations, distribution and marketing functions to enhance the effectiveness of our distribution function.
- Present frequently at large-format events attended by PIMCO's Global Wealth Management clients.
- Develop and execute Strategic Account focused marketing plans and activities that aim to drive deeper enterprise engagement at partner firms (e.g. Merrill, Morgan Stanley, Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Leverage data & analytics and marketing technology to enhance the efficacy of messaging and client-targeting capabilities.
- Employ a digital-first marketing approach across plans delivered through personalized user experiences throughout the sales cycle.
- Provide lead management capabilities, identifying existing client & prospects and nurturing leads through digital journey frameworks.
- Measure KPIs and ROI at the campaign, channel and aggregate-marketing level to quantify successes and qualify learnings.
- Design and execute retention and positioning journeys that contribute to firm and channel priorities.
- Provide strategic direction for internal, external and 3rd party client events.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 7 to 10 years of experience in financial services marketing with a focus on advisory brokerage and RIA clients
- Strong relationships with relevant contacts within the advisory brokerage and RIA industry
- Ability to set strategy and lead execution of effective Marketing programing
- Inspiring leadership style
- Strong and proactive communication capabilities
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and still effectively manage to deadlines
- Sound judgement in decision making and problem solving
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker able to provide creative and practical solutions
- Deeply analytical and data driven
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office