About this role BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Real Assets is a fast growing business unit within BlackRock’s Alternatives Business offering primarily institutional clients access to equity and debt investments in real assets. Blackrock Real Assets now has over $50 billion in investor commitments. The group has over 340 global investment professionals with a broad experience base in developing, operating and financially structuring investments and has offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Dublin, Paris, Zurich, Bogota and Mexico City.
An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Operations team within BlackRock Real Assets, a team of 32 which primarily provides financial, operational and administrative support for the Real Estate, Renewable Power, Infrastructure Debt Infrastructure Solutions and Global Energy & Power businesses within BlackRock. This position will provide support to the Renewable Power team. The role will report to the Director, Portfolio Operations, Renewable Power but will work independently to support the investment and operations teams as necessary. The role is New York, USA based.
- Provision of assistance to the transaction teams as appropriate, including the coordination of the operational elements of investment activities.
- Integration of newly acquired portfolio assets into BlackRock.
- Liaise with third party administration, operational and maintenance providers to ensure a proper balance between internal control and operational efficiency at operating project level and to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting of asset performance by each asset on a monthly basis.
- Review and assessment, in conjunction with the technical operations team, of monthly operational and financial reports. Identification and resolution of performance issues.
- Review, implementation and monitoring of annual budgets for all portfolio assets.
- Evaluating, in conjunction with professional advisors, and subsequently executing on the capital structures necessary to ensure tax efficient returns to Investors.
- Ensure full and timely compliance with regulatory, project and client reporting requirements.
- Portfolio and project cash management and distributions.
- Effective communication of asset performance to Senior Management, Investors and the broader group.
- Liaison with fund accounting team on accounting, fund valuation and reporting issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes;
- Qualified Accountant, (ideally CPA with big 4 background) with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in in finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferredin finance, economics, accounting, business management is preferredfinance, economics, accounting, business management is preferred
- Professionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessionals with strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industryProfessional with a strong and broad exposure to investment management, risk environment, operations and compliance in the Asset Management industry
- Experience within a group finance or reporting role.
- Confidence and experience to act independently.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on, in construction and operational infrastructure and energy assets is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Strong technical accounting skills, including detailed knowledge and experience in US GAAP
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent Excel and financial analytical skills
- Ability to interpret financial models and large volumes of contractual data.
- Experience in managing staff or external service providers an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment.
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated & healthy skepticism
- Good time management.
- Willing to travel.
- Grow with a small and evolving team and work in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experienced senior team with strong values, providing excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Significant exposure to worldwide, prestige projects in a fast-growing sector.
- Broad and varied exposure to all aspects of the team’s activities, encompassing asset selection, deal execution, asset integration, operational monitoring and reporting, valuation and Investor reporting.
- Opportunity to provide input into future growth and operational efficiency of the platform.
- Strong brand in the Infrastructure and fund management industry.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.