Associate Database Engineer
Job Description This role will be responsible for participating in all activities related to the selection, creation, design, development, maintenance, and implementation of database supporting applications developed by the Moody's Analytics Content Solution Economics & Business Analytics team. The role will report up through the Database Engineering team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support database functionality and applications within the non-prod (development, QA, staging) and production (live and disaster recovery) environments.
- Ensure safeguarding of all company and/or client data through appropriate IT security controls and best practices. This ongoing process will be done in conjunction with Product Strategy, Engineering, DevOps, and IT Risk teams.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement, infrastructure developments, process controls, and upgrades of the database systems.
- Identify, recommend, solutions to increase productivity, performance and efficiency.
- Design and implement data processing operations.
- Help support and develop projects with the business from large unstructured data sets.
- Identify opportunities and execute programmatic solutions to improve performance.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of standards and best practices.
- Strong database engineering skills with emphasis in Microsoft SQL and Mongodb; Database design, development and implementation experience. AWS experience a plus.
- Develop and maintain database architecture.
- Performance tuning database objects for optimal performance of our front-end & middle tier applications (T-SQL, NoSQL).
- Provide support for the deployment of database scripts in Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments.
- Scope and lead deployment of data engineering solutions.
- Research, write, and edit documentation and technical requirements.
- Diagnose, correct, and document issues, risks and problems using quality assurance practices
- Collaborate closely with Software Development and DevOps teams .
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree) required;
- 0 - 2 years of related experience
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a large distributed team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and capability for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of database applications and tools including, but not limited to: Microsoft SQL, NoSQL, and cloud-base database services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients and colleagues
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.