Fund Reporting Sr. Associate / Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The PIMCO Funds Business Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally across 350+ unique portfolios.
As a Sr. Associate / Specialist in the PIMCO Fund Reporting group, you will be responsible with assisting in the oversight of PIMCO's registered and unregistered funds, with a primary focus on financial reporting.
You will work with members of the Fund Reporting team to document, oversee, and execute processes related to the management, oversight, and production of the annual and semiannual financial reports and related audits conducted in accordance with local GAAP, regulatory filings such as N-PORT, N-CEN, N-MFP, etc. and liaise with Fund Accounting, and other internal and external groups for the on-going management of the funds.
If you are inquisitive, hard-working, and passionate and want to play a key role in maintaining operational excellence, build relationships with international counterparts, and grow with our business, we want to hear from you!
This role will be based in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance will be provided. Position Requirements:
Professional Skills Requirements
- 3-10 years of proven experience, preferably in Public Accounting, Professional Services, or Financial Reporting/Fund Accounting/Regulatory Reporting role within the Investment Management industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
- CPA recommended, but not required
- A strong understanding of mutual fund regulatory and financial reporting
- Understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of various asset types (e.g., fixed income and equities, including derivatives)
- Risk and controls minded with a regard for process and documentation
- You are eloquent and have excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written), and can seamlessly face off across all levels of an organization
- Adaptable to a fast paced and demanding environment and balance meaningful priorities
- You have a high emotional intelligence, are flexible, and resilient
- You are a results-oriented self-starter who takes ownership of your work quality and enjoys continuous improvement
- Shown competence in thinking strategically, analytically, conceptually, and innovatively, including the ability to synthesize and analyze data
- Proven track record navigating unstructured processes and simultaneously handling responsibilities with multiple, exciting demands
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office