Senior Manager, Organizational Skills,Change Management
Become a member of the Organizational Change Management team in Schwab Technology Services. This team provides members with an unparalleled opportunity to define and work on major strategic initiatives while gaining visibility among the firm's senior leadership. The goal of this team at Schwab is to:
- Deliver though leadership in Organizational Change Management in support of building a world-class Technology function
- Transform the organization to remain competitive and evolve to meet market pressure
- Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions around proposed changes to tools, technology and processes
- Build a narrative to bring together all tactical projects and initiatives into a single experience for employees
- Advocate for employees at the executive level to ensure that as change occurs, the voice of the employee is heard
The Sr. Manager plays a key role in ensuring change initiatives for new business processes, systems, technologies, job roles and organizational structures are successful. This role is focused on the people side of change, by working to reduce employee resistance to change and increase the speed of adoption of new behaviors needed for change initiatives to be successful.
What youre good at
- Championing change management methodology to develop change management strategies that help guide and support people through the change and transition process.
- Conducting change impact analyses that determine the changes required for a successful change and assessing the organization’s capacity and readiness for change.
- Developing appropriate change management plans, for example sponsor roadmaps, communication plans, coaching plans and resistance management plans, in alignment with the overall project plan.
- Overseeing and contributing when needed to the design, development, delivery and management of change communications and training.
- Cultivating relationships with project team members, stakeholders, and leaders to implement change plans, resolve issues, and manage resistance.
- Monitoring progress of the change plans, collecting feedback, evaluating results and adjusting plans as needed.
- Driving the creation of change coordination activities, status reporting, roadmap planning, and additional change infrastructure elements that help drive change consistency
- Connecting the dots between related and seemingly unrelated efforts to tell a full narrative to our organization and proactively connect stakeholders to minimize program risk.
- Coaching senior leaders to act as change sponsors, as needed.
What you have
- Bachelors degree required; MBA/MA with a focus on Industrial Org Psychology, Organizational Development or Organizational Change preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in organizational change management, consulting, investment banking, or internal strategy, including designing processes, framing problems, building models, making decks, facilitating meetings, presenting to large and small audiences and selling your ideas
- Strong communication and storytelling with Powerpoint
- Experience in technology and /or financial services strongly preferred, but not required
- Strategic thinking, executive presence, sound judgment, and ability to influence executives
- Sense of humor, team ethic, high standards and the drive to do whatever it takes