Business Control And Risk Management Professional
* Business Control and Risk Management Professional - Santander Careers
<iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-6ZV8B" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe> Business Control and Risk Management Professional Human Resources Dallas, Texas Overview
Job Family: Risk
Monitors activities to minimize the companyâ??s exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the companyâ??s activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
Job Function: Business Control
Ensures transparency of business results, finance and processes. Typically organizes a reporting system and tracks goals accomplishment, collect and process data and provides managers with all necessary company management data and information.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Business Control & Risk Management Professional represents the First Line of Defense and is responsible for partnering with Internal Controls to ensure strong internal controls capabilities and remediation of the internal control environment for the represented business line and/or functional area. The Associate works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the HR business line by executing defined risk programs.
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Applies developing knowledge and supports the design, assessment, and/or administration of quality assurance programs, practices and policies.
- Assists in the collection and initial analysis of data, preparation of business owner control surveys
- Conducts quality audits on all routine and complex transactions and correspondence to ensure proper processing according to established quality standards.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Independently conduct internal control testing â?? including on-site observations, interviews with management and staff, analytical procedures and statistical/judgmental analysis and testing of data.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices to address any risk concerns.
- Leads operating process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and/or Operations Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Provides thematic analysis of issues for business to identify emerging trends.
- Reports audit results and determines corrective action plans, as necessary.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, monitors and tests internal controls and procedures associated with products, services, customers and operations.
- Through walkthroughs and testing, identifies possible internal control breakdowns and gaps and report them to management.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education â??
- Bachelorâ??s Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or work experience
- Masterâ??s Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field preferred.
- Experience â??
- 5-9 years in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, HR/Payroll, Credit Management or relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Skills & Abilities â??
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory expectations and industry leading practices.
- Licenses & Certifications â??
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Simple. Personal. Fair.
Imagine where your talent will take you when you build your career with us.