Human Resources Generalist
HR Generalist Dallas, TX/en-US/careers/job/Dallas-TX/HR-Generalist_REQ-1505-1/apply
The HR Generalist will reporting to Director of Talent Management - Dallas, the HR Generalist is the first point of contact for OCC employees seeking guidance related to HR policy and procedures. The HR Generalist will use their judgment to proactively identify root cause problems through probing questions that reveal underlying issues, trends and any greater organizational impact anticipating next level questions and escalating appropriately.
- Responds to employee questions and requests regarding employment policies, procedures, programs, HRIS, etc. Distributes paychecks and recognition cards as needed.
- Provides HRIS maintenance entry on all employee activities which includes salary, location and supervisor changes, new hire data entry, termination processing.
- Supports the Director of Talent Management in providing coaching and counseling support to managers and employees regarding employee relations, career development and /or HR policy implementation.
- Provides support for the new hire process including I-9 document review and data entry into Workday and E-Verify as appropriate. Assembles new hire kits, coordinates new hires fingerprinting and onboarding.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team by recruiting for an average of 6 open positions at the time. Periodically, attending events at the Dallas Chamber of Commerce, job fairs or other events that promote OCCs talent brand.
- Coordinate the successful execution of OCCs charitable giving initiatives including partnerships, matching programs, employee engagement campaigns, and charitable events. Serve as liaison to nominating committees/employees, corporate communications and Human resources to support the organizations efforts. Collect and track employee donations.
- Coordinates employee events in Dallas. Develops relationships with vendors and handles negotiations to decrease event costs and manages event budget. Tracks event key performance areas and identifies opportunities for improvement for future events.
- Supports the annual benefits open enrollment process for the TX location; proactively identify benefits issues and raise concerns to Total Rewards.
- Perform special projects as required by the Director of Talent Management and/or the VP of Talent Acquisition.
- This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills and written/oral communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of HR processes and procedures.
- Capable of independently handling sensitive and/or confidential matters
- Teamwork and collaboration; capable of building strong working relationships.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload; manage multiple projects concurrently. Understands sense of urgency.
- HRIS experience preferred (Workday)
- Five years of HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field experience
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ-1505
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.